Take the Safety Test
Mark true or false to each of the following questions:
- _____ When I ride, I always wear proper protective gear.
- _____ I always do a pre-ride check of my motorcycle before I go for a ride.
- _____ My riding jacket has retro-reflective material on it.
- _____ My riding jacket has body armor in it.
- _____ I always check my rear view mirror before stopping.
- _____ When stopping for a light, I always stop in a spot that doesn’t box me in.
- _____ I never ride impaired.
- _____ I always keep my head and eyes up and looking where I’m going.
- _____ I never drag my feet.
- _____ I use all my fingers when squeezing in the front brake.
- _____ I know how to stop the bike if I get a flat tire.
- _____ I know how to surmount an obstacle.
- _____ I am comfortable going around curves at speed.
- _____When I stop the bike, my handlebars are square.
- _____ At night I never ride so fast that I override my headlight.
- _____ I always wear clear, not tinted, glasses or face shield at night.
- _____ I carry a first aid kit, a cell phone, a flashlight, & a small fire extinguisher.
- _____ I know that you can’t brake and swerve at the same time.
- _____ At busy intersections, I cover my brakes and clutch.
- _____ I take a safety course every two years.
- _____ I never lane split.
- _____ If I have to stop quickly in a curve, I know I must straighten the bike first.
- _____ I always make sure that my tires have plenty of tread on them.
- _____ Before I take a passenger, I spend 5 minutes explaining what they should do and what they should wear.
- _____ If I lock the rear brake, I know I must keep it locked until the end.
- _____ If I lock the front brake I know I must release it immediately, then re-apply it.
- _____ I stay within my limits, the bike’s limits and the environment in which I ride.
Answers: All answers are true. If you get them all correct, you are truly a safety enthusiast. The higher you score, the better and safer rider you are. Aim for a score over 22. Always Ride Safe!